Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ray, Ray, Ray..........

Ray Comfort has posted a fictional letter from a 17-year old, this is hilarious......

“Mom, dad, after my first semester at college, I have to tell you that I don’t believe in God anymore. Science has proven evolution to be true. The Bible is a book of fairy tales. There is no absolute right and wrong. I know this goes against your values, but I now believe in gay marriage and a woman’s right to choose. I don’t want to hurt you, but I have to be open and honest with you--I’m moving in with my girlfriend. This doesn’t change my love for you, and I hope you feel the same about me . . . .”

A 2007 survey in the U.S. showed that the number of 18-25 year olds who were atheist, agnostic or nonreligious had increased from 11 percent in 1986 to 20. [1]

[1] HumanistNetworkNews.org, Jan. 24, 2007

Who would have thought that being a critical thinking, atheistic, pro-choice, pro-civil rights, tolerant, respectful, and an honest person was such a bad thing?

D

No comments:

Post a Comment