Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's All A Cycle

I want to take a moment and breathe. I would like to dedicate this song to the comment poster I mentioned earlier (see the Kinks post). Even though this particular song has been played over and over again, it still gives me a "spiritual" feeling, I feel at one with the cosmos when I listen to it(not to sound too hokey). It gives me hope and I want to share that. Enjoy the song/video, and take the time to just breathe.

D

P.S. I will be putting the lyrics below.

The Band: Live
The Song: Lightning Crashes



"Lightning Crashes"

lightning crashes, a new mother cries
her placenta falls to the floor
the angel opens her eyes
the confusion sets in
before the doctor can even close the door

lightning crashes, an old mother dies
her intentions fall to the floor
the angel closes her eyes
the confusion that was hers
belongs now, to the baby down the hall

oh now feel it comin' back again
like a rollin' thunder chasing the wind
forces pullin' from the center of the earth again
I can feel it.

lightning crashes, a new mother cries
this moment she's been waiting for
the angel opens her eyes
pale blue colored iris,
presents the circle
and puts the glory out to hide, hide

1 comment:

  1. A definite keeper in the classics section of music history. To me a song has Hall of Fame Status when the music and lyrics blend perfectly - the video fits and adds to the experience - most videos don't. Yes, there is a spritual experience here and that is why the song is so popular - I'm sure for each of us a different emotion but a touching one for me. GREAT SONG - THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete