Monday, November 21, 2011

Contact A Big-Box Store Headquarters!

I just recently contacted the Wal-Mart headquarters about their disdain and indifference toward their workers by opening their stores at 10pm on Thanksgiving night.  Of course they are not going to take advice from a sociology undergrad, but it is incumbent upon me to at least bring it to their attention (not that others have not already done so).  And so here is my succinct message to Wal-Mart:


I just want to thank you for destroying your employees' family time this year by opening your stores at 10pm.  I really think that is just superbly awesome of you.  I guarantee that no member of the Walton family will be cutting short their time with their family on Thanksgiving to go do manual labor in one of their stores.  But hey, anything for a buck, right?  


Treat your employees right,
David Wean


I know, it's not much but it is something, and I encourage all two of you reading this to contact Wal-Mart or any other big-box store that is opening uber early and in doing so screwing their employees.  These workers have families that they would love to spend time with, and it is a kick in the teeth for companies to expect their workers to cut their family time short just to sell a TV.  So all I ask is that you do your part: contact at least one big-box store and let them know how you feel about them taking advantage of their employees.  Maybe, just maybe, we can change how they do business,  It's worth a shot.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment