Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sorry....

Sorry, I've been a bit preoccupied with home stuff as of late and I have been ignoring you. In the coming days I will try to rectify this situation so please hold tight. To make things a little better, here is a video of Michael Shermer at the Creation Museum. Yes, there is a creation museum, and yes, I have been there. I did feel a bit dirty giving them $20 but I am a masochist and had to see it for myself. Enjoy, well.......do the best you can, don't put your head through your computer screen.

D

This is a Repost from my facebook page:

This is a good interview by Michael Shermer with Ms. Purdom at the Creation Museum. Can anyone say circular logic? Ms. Purdom uses it and thinks it's acceptable in science. She even says that there is NO reason to test a creation hypothesis.....she really said that. Does anyone really think this is a science anymore after that? There's your smoking gun right there. The bible isn't a science book, and excepting evolutionary theory DOES NOT mean that you can't believe in god. Michael Shermer mentions Ken Miller (orthodox catholic) and Francis S. Collins (evangelical christian), they along with many others have no problem with reconciling science with their belief in god. To say that you have to have either god or evolution is presenting a false dichotomy (claiming that there is only two possible answers when there are really more than two). I'm sorry, I don't mean to be on a soapbox here but this just makes my head hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment