Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jobs, Jobs...No Jobs

Oh, the Republicans last year won sweeping margins in the general election.  And some would argue that the huge victories obtained by the Republicans was due to the influence of the Tea Party.  The Tea Party, as it has been purported to the point of nausea, is purely about small government, but yet, the Republicans put into office last election cycle seem more concerned with abortion and ensuring that "In God We Trust" is still our nation's motto.  Conspicuously missing this past year is the focus on small government and jobs, jobs, jobs.  Do you want to know why?  Well, I don't have a definitive answer to that, but I do have a slightly cynical one: they don't want the president to be successful and, thus, get re-elected.

Please, don't get me wrong.  I can't stand Democrats (at least most of them).  If I could I would send almost every Democrat in office to the Wizard of Oz so that they could get a spine.  But unfortunately we don't have that capability, yet.  I, much like everyone else, am tired of hearing bullshit promises.  If you are going to run for office, at least be honest.  I want to hear a candidate say, "I don't really care about you or anyone else except for myself.  My ambition is to reach highest place in government that I can so that I can wield unimaginable power for my own gain."  I wonder if they would get elected?

Anyway, watch this.  It's from the Rachel Maddow Show.  Trust me, it'll be good for you.

D


No comments:

Post a Comment