Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Guns, Germs, And Steel

I don't have much to indoctrinate you with today, as it is, I am just sitting around my house and resting.  With that said, I present to you Jared Diamond's, Guns, Germs, and Steel.  It's a three part series, each episode is an hour long, so don't feel that you have to watch them all during one sitting.  You are just going to have to come back here a couple of times to watch the remaining episodes (I really just want you to boost my traffic stats!).  Diamond's series explores why societies rise and fall; his thesis is that societies' success is influenced by their access to guns, germs, and steel.  Sit back and enjoy!  Oh, in your time not spent reading your favorite blog, and by that I mean PZ Myers' blog, you may want to read Jared Diamond's 1987 essay, The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race.  The article should give you some great background/foundation for Guns, Germs, and Steel.

D

Episode One



Episode Two



Episode Three

No comments:

Post a Comment