Sunday, November 15, 2009

Email

Hooray, I got my first email today! I was very excited to see some mail in the mailbox and I just couldn't wait to read it. Who could it have been from: Michael Shermer, Jerry Coyne, Phil Plait, all commending me on advancing skeptical thought? No, it was no one that important. However, I was given an offer that I would be totally crazy to not jump at

(note the sarcasm). Apparently, a banking customer of the Bank of Africa has died. That is sad, but wait, he left almost 11 million dollars in his account. So this accountant/auditor noticed this and he thought he would email me about the situation. According to Mr. Karim (the auditor), I can have 40% of this cash money, which is a little over 4 million dollars and he will keep 60%. And at first all of the money will be deposited into my bank account, but just until Mr. Karim can make it to the States. Sounds good right, I can go to work tomorrow and tell my boss to piss off. All I have to do is give Mr. Karim my bank account information. For your entertainment, the email is below. Don't give out your personal information to anyone on the internet. If a deal sounds too good to be true, then it is, don't be fooled. And if you really aren't sure about something you find on the internet/email then sleep on it, ask others about it, and do some research. Critically think and you will be alright! Be safe out there!

D

Dear friend, I am Abdel Karim, manager auditing and accounting department Bank of Africa Ouagadougou Burkina Faso. My purpose of contacting you is for you to collaborate with me in this transaction because it is not easy for me to handle this transaction alone as the next of kin to our deceased customer who died along with his family in a plane crash July 31sth 2000 and left no one to claim his deposit with Bank of Africa here in Burkina Faso, Let me solicit for your confidence and trust in this transaction as it is legal , i have taken all necessary arrangement here before contacting you in order to ensure that this funds is successfully claim and move to you from Burkina Faso without implications, so i implore you to comply with me to enable us mutually undertake this prospects .The total amount deposited by our late customer is United state dollars ($10.5 million USD) and we shall share the funds in a mutual understanding of 40 % for you while 60% will be for me, my 60% will remain in your bank account pending on my arrival in your country and I shall invest with my own share in your country as soon as the fund is transferred into your bank account. I assure you that there is no risk involved in this transaction and also all the deceased customer information are with me to back up your claim. Now upon your request i shall send to you the bank application form which you shall fill and send to our bank. Send me your contact details immediately .contact me through my private email address, abdelkarim1234@gmail.com, Thanks ABDEL KARIM

No comments:

Post a Comment